SunOS 5.8 vs 5.10

Hi,

I am bulding a path to open files like this \path\values\file.xxx This path is opened in an IE browser window and opens the file/document I am trying to see. I mean it opens a pdf document or it promps you to "save" or "open" the specific file (if it's a .xml, .doc, .html).

I was using SunOS 5.8 to do this and I had no problems to open xml or html files with a path like this \path\values\file.xml (or html, etc...) Now that I am using SunOS 5.10 I got a error that state that "the url couldn't be found". I try to create paths in .10 putting the file extension in capitals(\path\file.XML) and it worked.

My question is: How can I open a file in SunOS 5.10 with a path that contains a file extension .xml, .html, etc... without using capitals for it??

There is any difference between this 2 versions talking about the way they translate paths??

Thanks for helping!!!

Solaris does not run an I.E. browser (well you could get I.E.V3 for Solaris a good while ago!)

If you are using Mozilla or Firefox then prevent file:// links from working unless you change the default configuration.

If you are using I.E. then is this on a Windows machine accessing a web server on the Solaris server, please clarify?