SunOS 5.4

Hi,

I Hope you can help me with my problem.
I need to have an installation CD of this version.
Is there any site you can recommend that I can download
an image of this OS?
Thanks and God Bless!!!

try to get in contact with sun. i know this one is available internal... but i don't know a source for downloading such an image.

btw. why do you need such an old os?

Thanks for the reply...

Btw, I work for a semicon company whose into Automatic Testing Equipments. The machine I'm supporting was first introduced in the 1980s
that's why I'm looking for a very old OS. I tried installing newer versions(OS)
but our checkers/diagnostics/programs used to test our end products wont work. I don't have any copy here with me(installation CDs) that's why I'm such at a loss where to look for help. I'll try your suggestion and will give feedback once update is available. Thanks and God Bless!!!

U might try to search with bitorrent.

But I wonder if there are any copyright legal issues if we were to use unix.com to share and download old softwares.

Hi SunOS Experts

where will look up to correct the problem with my sunos, it normally shutdown on its own and reboot itself.
i am suspecting that somebody has scheduled it to be doing like that . which file can i look up to correct this problem.this is a server that is suppose to be up 24/7.
Thanks in anticipation for ur reply
Regards

check system rebooted at same time , every day.
check error log. /var/adm/messages
check crontab entry
crontab -l command for root user or administartor user( who can reboot server)

could be a cronjob running, use crontab -l, you have to check the scripts, normally they have the scripts under /etc/init.d and softlink to /etc/rc2.d /etc/rc3.d

The command who -b will show at wat time the system was booted that will give you a clue and help to narrow down to those cronjob which kickoff around that time so you just check those.

there few commands that can also be used to reboot a system.

init 6
reboot
uadmin 2 1