.../sun/install - aborting!

Hi all,
Server newly installed M5000 ..
OS - solaris 10.

so want to install as usual recommended patches ..
root@msdb# cd /mnt/sun/install
root@msdb# ./setup-standart.sh

You are not running this script from .../sun/install - aborting!

root@msdb#

I have seen it first time :frowning: Have done a lot of initial installation ..but havent seen it ..

so in that script in which step it gives me this error :

--------------
BASE=""

if [ `/usr/bin/id | /usr/bin/cut -c-6` != 'uid=0(' ]
then
echo ""
echo "You are not running this script as user root - aborting!"
echo ""
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f ../.release ]
then
echo ""
echo "You are not running this script from .../sun/install - aborting!"
echo ""
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f profile-root ]
then
echo ""
echo "Please change directory to .../sun/install & try again"
echo ""
exit 1
fi
--------------------
as you see on line
if [ ! -f ../.release ]

so where is it looking release file ?

this script is under /mnt/sun/install
so it is lookin in /mnt/sun ?
or it will take path of BASE="" that is in begin of script?

so what causes this problem ?

Does /mnt/.release exist?

setup_standard.sh is not for installing patches. this is the setup programm from EIS-DVD to install scripts an other tools from sun. this is for authorized sun partner and sun personal only!
if you have access to EIS-DVD and you want to share it in your network, share the /cdrom/cdrom0 directory...

no of course .. iso image of EIS I mounted to /mnt
instead of /mnt there can be any other mount point ..

I think that you are looking for a script like: installbundle.sh

There should be a readme with the bundle...

Yes I know for what this script, and I am Sun authorized partner :slight_smile: but I do not want to share it .. I only want to run it .. I can not understand why does it search release in ../.release in another word in /mnt .. Lets say if i will not mount it to /mnt but will insert it normally to cdrom ..and it mounts it to /cdrom/cdrom0 so there also it will not find .release :slight_smile:

Im not looking for any script ..this is standart script that must be executed before installing recommended patches of SUN . this script will install basic tools and does initial server configuration.

I confused why it is searching this .release in wrong place .. and the most interesting thing this script works on another server without failure :confused:

Thanks all for your reply .. Problem solved very easily :)))))
this scripts must be run normally under /cdrom/eis-dvd/sun/install .. otherwise it won't work .. (maybe playin long time with environment will give result) .. in my situation i made device from iso with lofiadm and then mounted it to /mnt .. Good luck all ..:b: