Sun ultra enterprise 450 server does not power on

Hi,

I have a sun ultra enterprise 450 server. There is no power supply to the peripheral components.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with the server?
What do i have to check for?

I am new to the solaris and server world. Please suggest in detail. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ashwini

the only way it will not power up is if you removed the cover of the E450 and didn't screw back when you powered it on.

Or you screwed it back but not properly, there is a sensor on that "plastic" cover if the cover is not aligned properly it will never power up.

Or you switch the key to diagonistic so it's taking long long time to do post.

Thanks...

I have placed the covers to the server correctly and have also ensured that the screwa are in.

I keep the key switch in 'standby mode' before powering on and put it back to 'Power on' position after switching on the power supply.

None of the 'Status or control panel' LEDs glow. Also, cd drive LED is not glowing.

Even the fans are not running.

then maybe it could be the power supply or the powerpoint. E450 can install 3 power modules, most times it comes with 2 modules, if you have 2 modules maybe you can try to switch them around to see if it helps. Or try powering up the server with only 1 module if you have 2, you need to try different ways to test and isolate.

also what is your voltage? is the powermodule switch using 110 or 220 ? sometime it could be the simplest issue overlooked.

if your country voltage is 220 and the power module is accidently switched to using 110 - gone case

Actually i have two servers...

One doesnot power on and one doesnot boot!!!

I have used the same power supply to both. The other powers on but does not boot.