Sun Solaris OBP Question

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can find information on openboot prompt. My machine boot up with the number 1 ok. What does that mean? Any kind of help will be nice. Thanks in advance

What type of system?

A quick look at Sun Docs will give you some help.

I don't know if you are stating you are getting a ok prompt of #1 ok instead of just ok, or that during boot you are getting a message "number 1 ok" - please clarify if the posted web site info doesn't help.

(Cheat sheet of OBP commands - Sunsolve - General - OBP Commands

Hi,

The system is a sun e450, when the system come on i only get a 1 ok, on the screen. I just bought the system and the system is still in transist to my house. The person is selling it to me is telling me what he sees. There is no OS loaded just when he turns the system on it a 1 ok he sees. I spent alot of money on this machine, i am making research on what the problem can be. Please help Thanks

I have seen things like this on some E450's we have in a cluster:

{1}ok

or

{2}ok

I think the number may just be to distinquish which box in the cluster you are looking at.

Either way, I don't think you have an issue. Since you have no OS loaded on the box, it just boots to the ok prompt. If you purchased it and the OS should have already been loaded, I would talk the the seller. If they did not say the OS was loaded, then just load it and you are in business.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP:o :slight_smile: