Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10?

I would like to see the following details:

1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc.
  2. Slots Present in the chassis
  3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part Number and Serial Number.
  4. Physical ports and its details.

I have already tried prtconf, prtdiag, iostat but did not help much.

As far as I know, there is no single command on Solaris that will provide all the information you are looking for.

You will have have to parse it out from one or more of the following:

prtdiag
prtconf
prtfru
psrinfo
dmesg
arch
sysinfo
1 Like

Thanks for the response.

I have already tried these commands but did give the info as required.

Is there any way to know the PartNumbers especially?

use the ILOM to collect this data... before doing, you should install the latest FW. you'll get almost all you need from ILOM without the cards in the PCI slots but this can be seen from prtdiag output. the newest version of ILOM 3.1x (which isn't available for T series (yet?) will also show cards inside the machines PCI slots.

1 Like

Thank you! How do I access the ILOM? Should I have root account? Please let me know the procedure.

When I login using non-root user it just shows the standard unix shell. I did not try with root as I don't have access as of now.

have a look at the documentation:

and

for a brief overview:
Connect to Oracle ILOM - Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.0 HTML Documentation Collection

I found the command which gives me lot of expected information.

prtpicl -v

But still works on few solaris machines.It works on SPARC Enterprise T5220 but not such detailed output on Sun Fire V1280. Any suggestions?

Try the command iostat -En this will list part numbers in system. Hope this helps.

but only for the harddrives in the system...