Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello,

Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall:

You need to get to a "ok" prompt somehow.

The machine is obviously configured to boot from the network. Are you sure that it has a hard drive in it?

to get into install mode you either attach a console keyboard and screen and then all output goes to vga, or you detach console keyboard and screen and use serial interface only (eg. vt100).

I don't know the Blade 150 very well but I'd say that if you had a Sun keyboard you could type STOP-A to interrupt it, or if you had a serial keyboard attached you could type Ctrl-Break.

I don't think that you've got the right kit to do either.

I used to have a Blade 150 too. Although I had a Sun Keyboard, I did try it a few times with a standard PC keyboard. If you press the 'Pause/Break' button during boot. does that return anything, or drop you to the OK prompt?

Thanks for the replies.I found out with google that if you touch the power button twice after the boot bleep,that you will go straight to a ok prompt.