Sun and backup solution

My company is in the process of building a new datacenter and I am responsible for setting up the backup environment (everything from racking to implementation). I guess it is pretty basic but I don't have much experience with the initial setup. What we have so far is a SunV890 (backup server), Sun SL500 (tape library w/6 drives), and a Sun v215 (ACSLS server).

Because our datacenter is in a colo facility we are implementing ACSLS (automated cartage storage library system) to automate the removal of tapes. Does anyone have any experience with setting up this type of environment or how to set up the initial backups? I guess I'm asking how to determine what to back up and how to initially set that up. :confused:

Is it just a matter of specifying which servers and directories to back up along with any SAN data volumes? And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the hardware layout would be something like: Back up server -> ACSLS server -> Tape library.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Any ideas from anyone? To this point I have racked and cabled the SL500 library, the ACSLS Sun server and the V890 back up server. I am soon going to install ACSLS so if anyone has any feedback on setting it up I'd appreciate it.