Suggestion

Can we have a forum that is dedicated to topics concerning power management ? It'd be great to have a few moderators to address these issues concerning the power-management. More-so-ever since research related to power management at the OS level is kicking up a lot of dust and becoming a hot area of research.

Interesting idea, thanks.

Maybe it should be a subforum under a different main forum?

What are your thoughts?

I have been thinking about a Hardware Forum. It does seem like it might be useful. My litmus test is would a professional Unix Admin benefit from this kind of knowledge and a hardware forum seems to pass easily.

A power management forum would then be a sub-forum of the hardware forum. I'm not sure about power management forum though. Do we really have enough interest in power management to justify a sub-forum? I'm thinking that we could just create a hardware forum as a start and then create sub-forums as the need is demonstrated.

Part 1, I agree. A hardware forum would be good.

Part 2, I also agree. I don't think we would have enough interest to make use of a power management forum at this time but it is certainly a topic that could be discussed in a hardware forum.

I agree. A hardware forum with a description that mentions power management etc would be a good start.

Maybe we can move the "Filesystem, Disk Drive" etc forum underneath the new hardware forum as a sub?

I guess we can. I hesitate a bit because of the "filesystem" component of that forum. However most hardware that we use is destined to have a very close relationship with software. So sure, let's try it. If really needed, we can always fine tune later.

Done.... Hardware Forum added today.

Hardware - The UNIX and Linux Forums

so now i have to ask, what was the original question concerning power? power at a server level or datacenter level?