Suggestion

As I was just pondering to myself I relized that emergency's do happen and there are times when people need an anwser to their problem ASAP. So what i was thinking why not add a live chat to this board this way people could chat amongst each other in real time. I know this could be done with a little java scripting. Let me know what you guys think.

The reason I think that this is a good idea is because right now I am searching for a Unix Administration live chat but found that they are kind of hard to find. If anyone knows of any please dont hesitate to reply with the URL =)

We do not plan to add live chat this year. Maybe later, as a fee per use (technical support) service to large companies with profits going to the on-line experts (virtual support world-wide 24x7). However, there are no plans in the near future for this or any similar service by design.

There are problems with live chat; one of the greatest is that the 'useful information' to 'useless information' ratio is very low. Also, good information is buried in noise and chatter and not archived in a knowledge base for future users.

This is not a 'chat site' it is a 'knowledge management site' that stores knowledge for all users to enjoy and benefit today and years into the future.