sudo access verification

Hi All,

I got lots of request with sudo, a manager request, verbal command, do this and do that.

The problem with this kind of request is when I added that script and that. It will not be perfect, it's because I can't verify the userid sudo access, I can't reset their password as well, I can't "sudo -l" when I "su - userid" to them.

Is there a file that I could see all these new sudo access list?

Thanks for any comment you may add.

You should be able to run:

$ sudo -l

having previously run:

# su - userid

Check that /etc/sudoers has the correct ownership and permissions, mine is owned by root:root is set to r--r-----.
Check that if the line in the sudoers(5) file you are allowing them to run something with starts with a group (e.g. line starts with: %groupname ) then the user is actually in that group, if you are specifying a particular user (e.g. line starts with userid ) then ensure that it has been entered correctly, for instance by running:

# getent passwd userid

and ensuring that you get a response.

Apart from that it would be a case of checking the syntax of the suoders line but visduo(8) does that for you?

I got, I will put no password for the meantime while I'm checking and remove it when done so that I could do "sudo -l" on the user without asking for password.

Thanks ALL!