Starting all the components simultaneously through script

Hi Folks ,

I have the below script that will start the components one by one by giving an interval of few seconds that if first component is started then there is interval of
few seconds and then the second component is started , but by this way it takes time, i want to make the process faster so that all the components started simultaneously could you please advise how to achieve this:confused:
Below is the script , also please advise can I put all the other components to run in background so that will also make process faster

# call to start the prime component first
./abe_de.sh start

# giving server a chance to get up and running ...

sleep 15
./abd_mahg1.sh start

sleep 15

./abd_mahg2.sh start

sleep 15

./abd_mahg3.sh start

You have the sleep commands.
To speed up, decrease the 15 option; or remove the sleep commands altogether.

Thanks joeyg can you also please advise how can I put other components to run as background process as I want the other components to put up as background process :confused: i think that will also improve the performance

Why would you think so? There's 15 seconds of blank space between you running things.... If you put them in background there will still be 15 seconds of wait.

@Corona well please try to understand I have remove the sleep command at all now , and i even want to modify to next step where i will have only first service running and the rest will be running in background , the motto is to make things faster :confused:

What if one of the component fails to start?

@chacko yeah agreed so please advise shall I need to modify my script the above one even after removing the sleep command

You can if you want, its your call anyway.
To put commands in background you just have to add an & at the end. Maybe you can use nohup too.

@chacko193 Request you to please show or you can edit my script by adding nonhup command and & operator that will help me to grasp and also please advise what are the advantages of nonhup command thanks in advance