start /SP/console hangs in X4500

when I type start /SP/console... the console shows up but i cannot type anything over there. I do not understand what might be the reason for that.

-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y

Serial console started. To stop, type ESC (

I pressed enter many times and also rebooted the machine . But nothing worked for me. Could you please help me and solve this problem

Thank you

on X mashines the serial console is not working after the os has booted. you have to use the virtual kvm switch from ilom to gain console access!

Thank you for your advice. But, I think I faced the same problem with someother X4500 machine. But, I could get through it. I do not remember what I did.

Did you use any #. sequence then? Anyway, after configuring your net mgmt port, use the web browser to point to the IP, login through there and you'll get your console.

No i did not use any #. sequence. Actually I do not have access to Web GUI because my ILOM IP address is routed through a Linux box. Its getting difficult for me to upload the firmware as well. I am getting some error saying that no uboot image. Image might be corrupted. Something like that. I do not understand with the help of serial connection to SP can I get through the problem of hang off .

In that case, use a direction connection from your notebook net-link to the net mgmt port. Use a straight cable.

I connected through a serial port and even then nothing worked for me. I connected through SER MGT bt still it hangs .,...I do not know how I can get through this problem.

as allready mentioned above:

X systems DON'T have a serial console! you can try this as long as you like... cause there is NO serial console they invented the virtual kvm switch in the X systems hardware. all you need is a browser with access to the ilom.

i haven't tried to disable the gdm/cde displaymanager and check if i have a serial console after that. but you can try this out...
look with "svcs -a | grep -i login" for the smf that you need to disable and afterwards disable it with "svcadm disable smf".

oh... thank you so much. I will follow the procedure told by you. Thank a lot once again