SSH Script is sticking, & sign not doing what I would expect

I am having an issue where I am do an SSH to about 30 servers one at a time however my script is getting hung up sometimes on the SSH.
I thought the & at the end as seen below would fire it and move on but that does not seem to be working.

#!/bin/s
for remsys in trumpetsnail angel delphin kraken bluemarron penguinshrimp moccasin roughgreen bluegarter eastindigo penribbon ringneck banded bl
ackracer applesnail skimmerclam seaclam
        do
        /lcl/tools/bin/sshPing.pl $remsys
VAR=$`/usr/bin/ssh $remsys "/lcl/apps/Tivoli/netcool/omnibus/bin/syslog_mon.sh" 2>&1 &`
Results=${VAR}
echo $Results
done

Any ideas?

Looks like it is working in the same way as rdist ( at least the version I used for Y2K stuff...), it will still wait till the end before to pass to next ARG ( server )...
Can you stop the execution at that point? (I could not with rdist...)

So far it seems like nothing I try works to break out of it.
The odd thing is that it is very random. It will stop at random points in the server list. So one time the SSH might stick on one server and then another time it may stick on another. Is there any way to maybe stick this in some sort of time logic? So another words each time it does a SSH to a server it counts down to say... from 30 to 1. If it does not get results by reaching 1 then it moves on.

The & symbol just does not seem to be working in this case.
Any ideas?

Thanks

double post: Closed
continue here: