SSH closes connection when using arrow keys

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my ssh link to various Sun servers running Solaris 9 and 10 from an Windows XP box running Cygwin/X.

I am using ssh to connect to a number of different Sun servers. My problem is that when editing a remote shell command line with the arrow direction keys the session aborts or, if there are background X processes running such as 'gvim', locks up then exists immediately when the X program terminates.

I previously connected using 'rsh' which did not cause a problem but have had to move to ssh, I am using zsh both on cygwin and on the remote server.

The following is the command that I use to start the connection

urxvtc -sb -sr -sl 1024 -geometry 140x45+0+0 -bg lightblue -fg black -tn xterm -title Support -e ssh -YC user@server

About 90% of the time using the arrow keys do not cause a problem but every now and then the remote session seems to recieve an 'exit' signal causing the remote session to end. This can be caused by either a single arrow key press or by holding an arrow key down.

As mentioned before I did not have the problem when connecting via 'rsh' which points to 'ssh' being the cause of the problem.

Any ideas as to why this is happening would be appreciated

Stv T