[Solved] Solaris 10 - Ftp Login incorrect

Hey everyone,
I am trying to get a 2GB patch cluster FTP'd to a solaris 10 server. I have tried logging in via ftp, and both with root as well as my personal account, I get "Login Incorrect." I have verified that I can log in using telnet.

-bash-3.00$ netstat -a |grep ftp
      *.ftp                *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN
      *.ftp                *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

Both users are removed from /etc/ftpd/ftpusers.

Any help would be appreciated. Please note I am a complete newbie with solaris. Thanks!

Use scp.

1 Like

Due to a vendor constraint SSH/SCP aren't installed. FTP is only being used to get the files there; the vendor software installs their supported version of SSH/SCP.

:eek:

Do you have root access? If so /bin/su to root and run

# pkill -1 ftpd  # <== that is pkill dash one ftpd

This will reset the ftp daemon. Then try to ftp the file over to the Solaris 10 system.

HTH

1 Like

Still no dice. I am getting very close to going at this server with a sledge hammer at this point. I burnt the files to a DVD and vold isn't recognizing them. So damn annoying not having ssh/scp.

Maybe you can reverse it. Telnet into the server, run commandline FTP to download the files from somewhere.

1 Like

wow... out of curiosity, which vendor is this?

Anyway, can you do nfs mounts?

1 Like

Broadsoft, their broadworks platform. The installation guide specifically states to ensure that at install time ssh is not installed. When installing their software, the software installs an ssh daemon. They want their version because the servers communicate with one another via ssh so they need the correct ssh implementation to be ensured.

Worst case you could install SSH, get the files, uninstall SSH, then install broadsoft...

1 Like

SSH installs when you build the system. You could scp the files over like Corona688 sez then disable the ssh daemon with

# svcadm disable ssh

HTH

1 Like

SSH doesn't install if you purposely deselect it at build time. So that's not an option.

Issue has been resolved. I set up an ftp server on Red hat, and am able to log into there from the Solaris server. Thanks for everyone's attempts to help.