[Solved] Help with intermittent ping issue

We recently stood up a new server running HP-UX 11.31. Every time we do a restart we lose connectivity to the server. Can't ping in or out. I did some troubleshooting and the problem gets resolved temporarily(can ping in and out and putty to it) when we disconnect the network cable and reconnect it. However if we do another reboot we lose the connection again. I changed to a different nic on the server and rebooted and it has the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

What about changing the cable?
How is it configured? - And the other end (switch side) mismatch between switch ports and Lan card often generates this sort of issue, Have you checked also that you have no IP duplicates on your lan?

The cable is good. When we get connectivity back it works great until reboot. The other side i'm not too sure about. I have it set for auto-negotiation, perhaps that should be changed to match the switch on the other side.

Its more a question of what type of NIC you are using, a GB ethernet must be set to FD autonegociation on both sides...On the other hand a 100FD was better when set as 100FD because depending on switches it sometimes created strange issues... (with latest switches though I have not heard anything...).
How do you do after reboot when you see it badly configured?
Could it be you have some configuration file corrupt?

Issue is resolved. My co-worker had entered some additional IP information in the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file. Commented it out and rebooted and it's working fine.

Thanks.

Thanks for keeping us informed - added Solved status to title...