Solaris Zones

okay people i need some help:

i was able to configure zones on my solaris 10 server, the problem is I can't ssh into the zones!!! I can zlogin -C zone2 successfully for both zones. Am I missing something? I can ping the zones, but can't ssh. From the zones, I can ping my global server.

is the sshd running in the zone? check /etc/ssh/sshd.conf (hope the file is the right one...)

thanks duke for responding...i was to run the command below:

ps -ef | grep -i ssh
root 11384 11183 0 09:15:21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd
root 12069 11318 0 13:06:25 console 0:00 grep -i ssh

I'm wondering if i can restart ssh, would it allow me to log into my zone? :cool:

try to restart it with svcadm... the right facility you can find with "scvs -a | grep ssh". but if sshd is running, the login should work...

yep duke..that didn't work either....that's what i'm thinking it should work...i restarted the svcs below:

svcs -a | grep ssh
online Dec_08 svc:/network/ssh:default

i'll keep pecking at it...thanks...but always come back if you have any othr ideas...

can you ssh to localhost from within the zone?

Thanks reborg for responding....

I can ssh from the zone to localhost. I should have prefaced to the UNIX people that I've only been in the UNIX world maybe 3yrs...so i'm still kinda "green" in some areas....but yes reborg i can. :confused:

Ok, that's a good start.

Are the ip addresses of the global and non-global zones on the the same address range?
If not you may need to plumb a virtual interface in the global zone on the same address range as the non-global zone in order to provide an ip route to the zone.