Solaris live upgrade on Active boot environment

Hi,

Is it possible to perform an luupgrade on the active boot environment in Solaris?

I want to perform this on BEAlpha - the disk that has BEOmega will be unavailable whilst performing the upgrade but I still want to install the patches using luupgrade.

Boot Environment           Is       Active Active    Can    Copy
Name                       Complete Now    On Reboot Delete Status
-------------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ----------
BEAlpha                    yes      yes    yes       no     -
BEOmega                    yes      no     no        yes    -

Thanks.

---------- Post updated at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:24 PM ----------

to answer my own question which is what I thought.. You can only upgrade BEs other than the current BE.

each BE is associated with two metadevices say d10 and d20, each of these have two submirrors, a mirror on the 2 physical disks in the server so both BEs will still be available but mirroring will be offline.

Of course you can do on an active BE. But a wise choice to do on a prod box is to re-create the existing boot env is lucreate first

The documentation rightly states the opposite. The whole purpose of live upgrade is to maintain the active boot environment untouched while upgrading an alternate inactive one.

Its the RIGHT way as you mentioned and documented. What Im saying is, that it CAN be done. BUT DEPENDS on the criticality of the system and if the OP is willing to try if its a non-prod system

Aren't you confusing regular upgrade and live upgrade ?

The doc states: