Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know anything about bash scripting OR JumpStarting so I'm all new to this. The scripts seem so short and all they do is 'echo' things (I'm guessing that means print things to the screen). Is that really all I need in these scripts for JumpStart?

the article is well written and looks complete to me. so yes, it is that easy ;). you'll have to configure it for your needs but thats all.
there is a sun tool called "JET" (jumpstart enterprise toolkit) which can be downloaded at the sun website. this tool works with templates and is easy to use and will help you configure jumpstart. i'll recommend this tool!

To echo what Duke said it easy once you read and mess around with JS. I have 4 JS here at work and help to create begin and finish scripts and profiles as well. It takes time but once you see how things work it goes very smooth.
if you need help you can PM me and I will guide in you the right direction

Jumpstart is easy but can also be very complicated..

To set one up just exec the install server command which is on the install CD and then you can exec the client setup script that is also on the CD... Thats about it... (to simplify it)

However that will only give you a network install, if you really want to get going you need to read up on it and start customize it. It can be customized a lot! Back in the days I manged to custom it so that I had imaged based installation on Solaris 2.4 (an image just like in a flash based Solaris install - as you might know Solaris 2.4 didn't have flash). It took a lot of work but it worked like charm, I'm still using the scripts (although modified) to do installations today on Solaris 2.6, 7, 8, 9 and soon 10..

Cheers Dyna