Solaris GUI on a Windows 2000 box

I have a Sunfire V240 installed with Solaris 10.

They are networked together and connected to a hub. They can ping eachothers IP address.

I am trying to get a GUI from the V240 to display on the Windows 2000 box.

Can someone please give me some step-by-step instructions on how to achieve this please?

I've tried various X client software packages but can't get anything to work!!

The annoying thing is, this is something I've done many times before in the past (8 years ago!!) but just can't remember what software I used!!

Thanks.

Use Xmanager .

Thanks for replying. I'm looking for anything free and will need some guidance on how to set it all up. Sorry, it's been that long that I really can't remember much at all.

Some step by step instructions would be really helpfull

Thanks

Trial only for 30 days
Download->install->use
Download Xmanager 3.0 Build 0132 Free Trial - A powerful and easy-to-use PC X server that runs on Windows platforms - Softpedia

I'd recommend Cygwin/X. Part of the Cygwin distribution, open source (completely free), and no configuration needed. What you can't do with it (at least I've never tried) are XDMCP connections, meaning you can't get the graphical login of the Solaris box. But it's no problem running a graphical app there, and have it display on the Windows box (either via the DISPLAY env variable or SSH X11 forwarding)

download the zipped file you will find a small tutorial it might be helpful

Could you please rewrite that as a regular post for those users that don't want to download archives by unknown people, containing possibly dangerous files. The explanation itself is pretty good, but the presentation is lacking.

I have no time to rewrite it , The zipped file only contains a single *.rtf file and several *.jpg's to illustrate the idea that's all . If you are in a doubt you can check it with multiple anti malware software.
i don't mind at all if you want to rewrite it and post it here again , then go ahead

online antivirus scanner link1

online antivirus scanner link2

I know what the ZIP contains, and I've checked it with a few scanners.

However, the idea of this site is to make information and the solutions available to everyone. What if someone needs this solution and is behind a proxy denying archive downloads? What if they don't have an unzip utility? What if there's no RTF reader?

Interesting, tho, you did have enough time to respond and post links to online virus scanners, but not enough to copy-and-paste the contents of your file.

Contents here:

Total time to download the zip, extract it, and copy/paste the text, plus picture attachments: 1 minute.

Thanks everyone for your help. All is working well

XMing from:
Xming X Server for Windows | Get Xming X Server for Windows at SourceForge.net
is another free X server for Windows PCs