Solaris file system unable to use available space

/u02/iomssas is not sub-filesystem. It is separate filesystem independent from /u02. It is just mounted under /u02/iomssas, but it could be remounted anywhere if it was necessary, for example to /iomssas or anywhere else.

/u02 is showing 4.4GB free space.
/u02/iomssas showing 101GB free space.

I want to insert data more than 4.4GB in /u02/iomssas, is this possible? if not how to use the space, as the file system /u02 is showing 4.4GB free space where as sub filesystem is showing 101GB free space.

Kind help is appreciated.
thanks,

I'll repost my request... What command (the installer) is producing the error about lack of space? Can you post output of that command?

Iam not installing but copying some files. Previously I was installing than also error was coming as unable to find ___MB space, so i removed some files to release the space and installed oracle application server.

But now i have to use this file system to copy files.

Thanks,

So what command are you using to copy the files? And what is the output...

Iam using mv command to copy directory and files.

The error is displayed as "no space left on this device" when developers are saving their log files in this file system during executing application programs.

How to use available 101GB?

You didn't post what exactly you are typing into the command line... If you want us to help you, we need all the info we can get... So please post the whole mv command that you use.

$mv appclone /iomsscom

where appclone is directory containing files.

thanks,

I'm confused. You want to move the files to /iomsscom or /u02/iomssas?

move files from /u02/iomssas to release space from this file system so as to copy new files in this file system.

thanks,

---------- Post updated at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:31 PM ----------

Kind help appreciate.

thanks,

---------- Post updated 06-20-11 at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous update was 06-19-11 at 11:21 PM ----------

help needed please.

according to your previous post,

$mv appclone /iomsscom

can you do a

$df -h /iomsscom

and post the output of the command above.

I think the better is to mount the /var of the logs on the new file system the have 101GB , to use this space mount /var /dev/dsk/silce.