solaris 8 with veritas

Hi All,

I need info on veritas volume manager with solaris 8. Although I have worked with HP-UX 10-11 (vmm is integrted), I still don't know what is the command for modifying, monitoring and troubleshooting vvm on solaris 8. Is it the same?

Can't find good documentation on my search with google.

Thanks in advance,
itik

Hi Itik,
You should find that the commands with VxVM on Solaris are the same as those on HPUX. Although, I thought that HPUX 10 had LVM rather than VxVM integrated.

I have been working with VxVM since version 2.2, so if you need any specific help with VxVM on Solaris, let me know what you are trying to do and I will assist.
Ian

Hi Itik,

VVM commands are almost same on HP and Solaris. vxdiskadm is the command for administration of disk/DG etc.Let me know incase you are looking for specific configuration or command.

Thanks,
Amit Shiknis

hp-ux and solaris+veritas(VxVm) file system concepts are same.But configurations are different. take care with veritas volume manger and VXFS.

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay reply. I will be implementing IBM SAN on Solaris 8-9 sparc/intel. Is the VMM going to take effect as the volume manager or do I need to do additional things?

I think my additional question is this going to be the same on the internal SCSI/IDE. After VMM had been installed, is this going to take effect as the volume manager? Can't read it yet, still have a project to finish but they will be my next. Just doing a heads-up.

Thanks in advance,
itik