Solaris 8 server and Jumpstarting 2.6 clients

Ladies and Gentlemen:
I have successfully configured a Solaris 8 server with Jumpstart! I can Jumpstart Solaris 8 client systems with no problem. My configuration is as follows:

Jumpstart Server: Solaris 8 patched with Recommended Patches from June 05.
I have installed Solaris 8 in the following directory:
/jumpstart/Sol8
I have installed Solaris 2.6 with OE CD update -11 in the following directory:
/jumpstart/Sol2.6

As stated earlier, jumpstarting Solaris 8 clients, no problems.
When I try to jumpstart a Solaris 2.6 client, it boots up to "whoami: domainname not found" and then I get a CPU panic. The cpu motherboard is a SparcEngine-IIi 440MHz. I have tried the limit-ecache-size command as indicated in the Sun SRDB, but it doesn't seem to work. The kernel patch is 105181-19 when the client boots.

Has anyone seen this problem? Please respond ASAP.

Respectfully,
Mark

This can be used to identify the point where a Solaris 2.6 or Solaris 7 JumpStart is failing.

1. Rebooting with command: net - install

Boot device: Note: output varies depending on machine architecture.
    File and args: - install

2. PROM broadcasts RARP request.

Note: several ARP/RARP timeouts displayed here are not unusual.

1. You should see something like 2dc00 - incrementing hex #s

Note: This represents the download of the tftpboot file.

1. hostname: client_host_name

2. domainname: the domainname

Note: "no domainname" is seen when domainname is not configured.

1. root server: root_server_name

2. root directory: /some_path_to_solaris_2.6/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot

3. The kernel gets loaded:

SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]
    Copyright (c) 1983-1997, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

I don't believe that it would panic because it couldn't get it's domain name. Are there any other errors besides that? Are you SURE it's booting a 2.6 image and not attempting a Solaris 8 image which would surely cause a panic?

Double check your 2.6 client jumpstart.

OK:
I have verified that the client is indeed booting up from the Solaris 2.6 partition of the Solaris 8 Jumpstart server. The screen displays the following:
ecc-34
whoami: no domain name
root server: Batjumper-1
root directory: /jumpstart/Sol2.6/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot

The kernel gets loaded and displays:

SunOS Release 5.6 Version 105181-19 Generic [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0] Copyright (c) 1983-1997, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

At this point it should start to configure the devices, but instead panics with the following error: Panic CPU Priviledge Bus Error.

The interesting thing about this, is that the same systems boot and install just fine as Solaris 8 clients. This leads me to believe that its a problem with Solaris 2.6 and the hardware configuration which is as follows:
Cpu motherboard is a SparcEngine-IIi 440MHz
Openboot Prom 3.10.12
Scsi Target 0 Seagate ST336607LC 35GB removable.
Scsi target 5 WSC HYDRA FS-24 6.00 SCSI Floppy.
Scsi target 6 Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M17111005.

The system also has an Antares Microsystem Audio card installed.
Both the Antares and WSC SCSI floppy come with their software in the form of Sun packages.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

OK:
I have verified that the client is indeed booting up from the Solaris 2.6 partition of the Solaris 8 Jumpstart server. The screen displays the following:
ecc-34
root server: Batjumper-1
root directory: /jumpstart/Sol2.6/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot

The kernel gets loaded and displays:

SunOS Release 5.6 Version 105181-19 Generic [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0] Copyright (c) 1983-1997, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

At this point it should start to configure the devices, but instead panics with the following error: Panic CPU Priviledge Bus Error.

The interesting thing about this, is that the same systems boot and install just fine as Solaris 8 clients. This leads me to believe that its a problem with Solaris 2.6 and the hardware configuration which is as follows:
Cpu motherboard is a SparcEngine-IIi 440MHz
Openboot Prom 3.10.12
Scsi Target 0 Seagate ST336607LC 35GB removable.
Scsi target 5 WSC HYDRA FS-24 6.00 SCSI Floppy.
Scsi target 6 Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M17111005.

The system also has an Antares Microsystem Audio card installed.
Both the Antares and WSC SCSI floppy come with their software in the form of Sun packages.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

What exactly is this server? Netra, Ultra 60? If so, then it should be able to run 2.6.