Solaris 6.5 MOD disk copy help needed

Hello,

we are running Irix 6.5 on our octane/sgi computers - these computers come with an external Sony MOD drive attached via a scsi cable. We have backed info to 2.3 gig MOD disks over the years and woule like to duplicate the MOD's. I believe there are 3 ways to do this:

1. add a second drive to the SGI possibly using the instructions at Installation Guide SGI. System Administration. Adding a magneto-optical drive to the computer and make copies/clones of our current MOD disks. (I believe once we physically attach another MOD drive we will have to 'load' the drive(s) and enter some commands that copy the first MODs' disk and then transfer to the second MODs' disk. We would also want to verify the files made it to the new MOD disk a list of the files with details).
  2. I also understand there are MOD disks duplicators that will do the job (minus the verification step?)
  3. Copy all of the MOD's data to our harddrive, eject the original MOD, put in a new MOD and make a new copy to the MOD drive and verify.

We could use any/all help with the above and have limited IRIX skills -

Thanks in advance

Steve

View Original: http://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/134650-need-help-mod-disk-copying.html\#post302413925\#ixzz0lSyQgP7a

Double post, continued here, thread closed.