Solaris 10 x86 Jumpstart w/o GUI

Does anyone know how to Jumpstart a Solaris 10 x86 system without the GUI?

I would like to keep the Jumpstart and/or Flash Archive install in a console text mode if possible but I've not had much luck finding instructions. I'm guessing this is going to be accomplished from the grub menu with a tty setting. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks

do you work with pxe boot? just give us some more infos....

At the moment, I'm working in a lab with an isolated network and have a working Jumpstart environment. I'm using PXE boot to boot my x86 servers to the network for an unattended Jumpstart installation over the wire.

I've also developed a bootable DVD with a self contained custom Jumpstart installation that I plan to deploy to remote servers across the WAN. The DVD will be mounted as virtual media, using a lights-out solution such as HP's iLO2, allowing a server to boot from the DVD as if it were local, for a remote installation.

The unattended installation is working fine but I want to eliminate the GUI and keep the entire process to a text session. The reason for eliminating the GUI from the process is simply to keep the bandwidth down to a minimum for the WAN install. The self contained DVD is being used because DHCP over the WAN is not an option.

I'm certain there is a way to remove the GUI from the Jumpstart process, I've just not stumbled across it yet. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you ever find a solution? I am considering the same scenario, but it seems as if the jumpstart automatically assumes GUI as long as there is more then 384M RAM. Thanks.

download jet:
BigAdmin: JumpStart Enterprise Toolkit
or
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS\_SMI-Site/en\_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=JET-4.4-SOL-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

there is an option inside the config templates to disable the gui during installation...

hth,
DN2

Fine the menu.lst file used (probably /tftpboot/boot/grub/menu.lst) and change:
boot - install
to:
boot - install w

this is also useful in the finish script for x86 builds:

if [ -f /a/usr/openwin/bin/kdmconfig ]; then
        echo "Disable kdmconfig from running after the first reboot"
        sysidconfig -b /a -r /usr/openwin/bin/kdmconfig
fi