Solaris 10 SPARC for VM Ware

Hi All,
Actually i need to install solaris 10 version over VMWare which is installed over my windows machine. On that solaris version i need to install Weblogic application server,
I need to know where can i download SOLARIS 10 for this and also what is the difference in SPARC and x86 version and which should i download?

SPARC and x86 are processor architectures on which Solaris is able to run. VMWare is only x86, so you have to download x86 version of Solaris.

thansk Bartus for such a gr8 and quick reply. actually i have a file with .bin extension of weblogic, when i am running it , it says "cannot execute". i have given that execute permissions also. and when i run as below

#file wls1033_solaris32.bin
ELF 32 bit MSB executable SPARC version 1, dynamically linked,stripped.

What does that mean. ??

It means you have SPARC version of Weblogic installer. To get weblogic in your VMWare virtual machine you have to get x86 version.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this, I am fed up searching for weblogic installer for x86 version, Could you please help in this.

I think you have to download "Generic" version from Oracle WebLogic Server Downloads

Download Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.4) Generic and Coherence V24338-01 1.1G
I m going to download this one.. would this help??

I guess so... I've never installed Weblogic on Solaris... :wink:

Thanks Bartus..I have downloaded the same will try using this.. :cool:

qemu can emulate sparc, but only 32bit mode is usable. so, no Solaris10 yet. :frowning:

It seems there has been some progress towards emulating 64-bit sparc:
Artyom Tarasenko's blog