Solaris 10 - QLogic 4060C iSCSI adapter - multipathed (MPxIO)

System: Sun M3000 and M4000
iSCSI HBA: 2x QLE4060C (QLogic)

In each system are 2 QLE4060C iSCSI adapters.

I manage to set up both HBA's to connect to the LUNs on the SAN

However I don't manage to enable multi-pathing.

Made the necessary changes to /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.comf MPxIO is enabled in /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf

However the system doesn't recognize them as multipath-capable controllers.

Anyone any experience with this?

TIA

In Solaris 10, mpxio is enabled in /kernel/drv/fp.conf.

I enable MPxIO using "stmsboot -e". It will adjust fp.conf and mpt.conf as needed.

When executing "stmsboot -e" it will show a list of multipath-capable controllers.

My iSCSI adapters dont show up there.

scsi_vhci.conf is used so the system recognizes third party devices.
iscsi.conf is specifically for iscsi ports.

Setting Up Solaris iSCSI Multipathed Devices (System Administration Guide: Devices and File Systems) - Sun Microsystems

if it is not working, your driver might not be good... (the right one?)

Am using the most recent driver for the iSCSI adapters and they are fine, otherwise I wouldn't be able bind to the iSCSI targets on the SAN.

The part of the manual you posted basically applies when using iSCSI over the regular NICs. The scenario as described doesn't really apply in my case. E.g. IPMP is no option in my case since the NIC is integrated on the adapter and kinda behind the controller on the same adapter. Therefor the IP configured on the adapter will not show when using "ifconfig -a"

The only thing I consider possible is using the wrong symmetric option in the scsi_vhci.conf file.

In case you wonder why using this specific adapter. It wasn't my choice. The system is from one of our customers who asked us to help them out.