solaris 10 cd install(intel)

just need help with loading solaris 10 from cds that i bought from sun. i have a dell box that had solaris 8 on it, wiped it and stuck in the cd1 for solaris 10. selected "solaris" for install. went through a few minutes then comes up with"sunOS Release 5.10 version generic_137138-09 32-bit, copywright 1983-2008.....use subject to license terms" etc... then just shows a corsor flashing after that. cannot use any keys, disk is not spinning. is something i missed? bad cd?
sun support will not help since im home user..

please help

are you using sol10 x86? can you verify the hardware is compatible with the HCL ??

I suppose its compatibility issue. Were you using the installation cd for x86? Or were you using the one meant for Sparc?

just ordered it from sun. cd's 1 thru 5 and 2 language cd's. "solaris 10" the cd is stamped "x64/x86". i verified x86 when i ordered. as far as compatibility, i had solaris 8 (x86) running fine. my memory is 2(pc100 256), requires 512. it is an older dell box...Dell optiplex GX110.. maybe ill try it on a newer pc??!! thanks anyway...