Sol10 upgraded from 5.8 - shell issues?

I'm having issues after upgrading to Sol10 from 8. I have developers who have ksh scripts which execute profiles and such. I get errors from "/dev/null: cannon create" to "stty:no such device or address", to "bad string", etc. I have checked the link to /dev/null (its fine). I have a case open with Sun...they aren't much help either. When I run this stuff on a 5.8 box, its fine.

I just noticed that my developer had:
${HOME}/.profile > /dev/null/ 2>&1 - so when I changed this to /dev/null (removing the trailing /) it ran fine. What would the reason be for this? One issue fixed, but now the stty no such device issue and others.....is KORN shell with Sol10 messing me up somehow? I saw the threads about dynamic links, but didn't quite understand it all. Please help.

Found another issue - /usr/bin/tr - doesn't work in SOL10, but on 8 its fine...I have a ton of applications that won't run cause of this..

You're right about the first issue.
date > /dev/null/
will work on many OS's including Solaris 9 but it will not work on Solaris 10. That is a little interesting... I never tried to write to /dev/null/ before. But that is a very odd thing to do. Just switch to the correct syntax.

I just tried:
echo abc | /usr/bin/tr a b
which worked fine for me. So I can't help you there.