SNMP Trap on Solaris...HELP!

Hi all,

I am currently doing a project regarding traps and would like to help me in this issue. I am knew to the trap world :confused::slight_smile: and thought that by posting this thread helps me move forward in this project.

First of all I will begin exactly from the very beginning, i.e. the net-snmp installation for monitoring.

Before setting up traps, I started in installing the SNMP agent on the machines I wanted to monitor. The machines consisted mainly of Solaris 9 and 10 machines. The installation was performed successfully and I managed to be able to monitor these machines via the cacti software ( http://www.cacti.net/ ).

The configuration file for this daemon is the snmpd.conf file (attached). For traps the configuration file snmptrapd.conf was modified as per attached.

Now from here the headache starts�

I was able to know that traps were being sent since I was generating them (example, bring up the size of a harddisk, as set in the snmpd.conf) and viewing the traps in a WireShark trace. For your perusal I have also attached a trace when a trap was sent, after the size of the harddisk exceeded the size sent in the configuration file.

What I would like to understand is the amount of OID shown in the trace (HDD full.txt)

This leads me to the problem I have at the moment, I need that the trap receiver machine senses the trap received and sends an email. In the attached file, snmptrapd.conf I did the traphandle command that it is suppose to handle the selected OID, but if I put the above OID (1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.101.1 � HDD size) the trap does not work. It only worked as per below:

traphandle DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::mteTriggerFired /usr/local/bin/traptoemail -s "SMTP Server" -f name@domain.com

Do you have any ideas of how I can set up these default traps to be able to be sent to the trap receiver machine?
Is there any other way to configure the trap receiver daemon (snmptrapd.conf).

I thank you in advance,

Matthew