Simple bat file

Hi guys,

I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :slight_smile: How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed:

set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix
set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH%

D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe  C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh
exit

Although I'm not sure what the first two parts are as I just copied the only other bat file on the machine and changed the exe to korn shell & the file to my script.

Thanks

The 1st 2 are just a path setting for an environment to the location of Informix DB files.

Whatever this is

D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe

make sure that it is a shell that can work your shell script.

If you have any error output, might want to post it.

It says "could not start" in the "scheduled task" section. It did the same thing when I commented out (::slight_smile: the main line meaning that all that was left was the path settings & exit

It also says it when removing the line completely.

This sounds more like a windows problem or a problem of this sh.exe, not of a shell scripting problem.
I don't know this sh.exe. First make sure, as said, it is a working shell, compatible to the script you feed it with.
Maybe start testing with a simple defining of a variable and echoing it. Or just call that sh.exe without any parameters and then add more tasks to it.

Hi, looking at my graphs in APEX part of the process has been carried out but I haven't received an email. This is due to where I've located the procedure though so all is good now. Thanks =)