shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi,
I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine.
Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files
from windows to unix box.When I searched in the forum i got the below mentioned script to ftp the files.It works fine when i
ftp the files from one unix server to another unix server.But it is not working when i tried from Windows to unix .I am getting the below mentioned error message.can anybody help me on this?

HOST=111.212.242.233
PASSWORD=xxxx
USER=kk1234
FILE_NAME=test1.dat
ftp -v -n ${HOST} << cmd
user ${USER} ${PASSWORD}
cd /home/kkk/test/
lcd C:\Documents and Settings\Folder1get ssh_install
ls ${FILE_NAME}
get ${FILE_NAME}
quit
cmd

ERROR MESSAGE
-------------------

ftp: connect: Connection timed out
Not connected.
Not connected.
usage:lcd local-directory

Either the IP is wrong, the host is not up or there is no ftp demon running on the default ftp port 21.
Maybe try to ping 1st, check with nmap if the port 21 is open and also check if you can manually connect with a ftp client to the ftp demon.

The usage error is because of the space in the directory name.
But ... "cd" refers to the remote (Windows) server and "lcd" refers to the local (unix) server.

Surely you mean:

cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Folder1get ssh_install"
lcd /home/kkk/test/

Thanks Methyl the error with lcd has gone now.
Zaxxon,
Thanks for your suggestion
The ip address which I have given is my machine ip and it is up.I can connect from my WINDOWS dos prompt to the unix server and do the ftp process sucessfully.This error i recieve only when itry to connect to the machine ip from the unix server by using the command ftp -v -n 111.212.242.233

Regards

Sounds like you have not started the FTP listener service on the Windows server ... or the Windows firewall is running with FTP blocked.
On the Windows server, can you ftp to yourself? If you can't do that there is no chance from the outside.

ftp localhost
ftp 111.212.242.233

I tried this in the command prompt but i could not able to login with my password.How can I prevent the windows firewall blocking the FTP server?. Currently WinScp client has installed in my machine.Do i need to install some software like File Zilla server to try this ?Kindly Please guide me on this.

What exact version of Windows are you running?

Windows XP
version 2002, servicepack 3

Windows XP comes with ftp (but not sftp) but I assume that you prefer 3rd party product. You are using ftp from your unix server and I can't say whether it will work with "WinScp".

Maybe try putting "firewall" into the search box on this site gives some ideas:
WinSCP :: Download

ok I will try this .Thanks a lot

Good luck.
Afterthought. You mentioned "client" but not "server". This may just be a case of installing the Windows ftp server if the 3rd party product does not have one.