Shell Script to display function names (called & defined) in a C++ Source Code

Hello to all,

I am looking for a way to display only the names of function (calls & definition) of a C++ source code.There is already a post related to this, but the script is to find the functions using a specific variable, and the replies are not that convincing since they cannot be used for all combinations of function calls/definitions. Kindly help me.

Is there any command in linux that can print the function calls/definitions, variables etc used in a C++ source code ?

Input
-----
File:Sample.cpp

Content:
void display_here() {
cdef
}

int sample() {
abcd
process_somewhere(nowhere(abc),
abc)
display_here()
rstuv
}

Output
-------
void display_here()
int sample()
abc)
display_here()

Thanks.
:):confused:

You need to use a debugger to look at the code to see all function calls/definitions, variables, etc. You can use strace to look at the system calls to help debug some things the programs are doing. But a debugger like gdb would be the only thing that will give you indepth analysis of a c++.

I'm really annoyed at myself, because this should be a pure awk solution, but I have only a passing understanding of awk... so we're stuck with this abomination:

(03:59:46+deco@DeCoBuntu)
[~]:cat sample 
File:Sample.cpp

Content:
void display_here() {
cdef
}

int sample() {
abcd
abc

(04:00:40+deco@DeCoBuntu)
[~]:grep "(*)" sample |awk -F\{ '{print $1}'
void display_here() 
int sample() 
abc)
display_here()

I know that it should be something more along the lines of:

(04:04:52+deco@DeCoBuntu)
[~]:awk -F\{ /"\(*\)"/ '{print $1}' sample 
awk: cannot open {print $1} (No such file or directory)

But obviously I've done something wrong, and I'm too tired to figure it out. (Note, I know nothing about C++ so this may have nothing to do with the type of solution you're looking for...I just treated it like a flat file)