setting up internet connection!!

HI unix guru..

i need your help again.. i tring to setup my sun box for internet connection, i am using @home cable service i have 8 pc running different operating systems. every other computer can go online but this sun box for some reason alway give me and error,
i enter my
ip address subnet mask
dns server ip addresss,
the router ip address,

the only thing i couldn't enter in is the domain name, cuzz i don' t have a domain...plus i didn't enter in the gateway address, cuzz it never ask me when i install it. i don't know what to do.. im so lost.... i been working on this for 2 weeks around and still can't get it up pretty sad man..... by the way the error was setting up the sock enviroment or something... im so lost!!!! Man i need your guys help!!!! you can email me at ::email removed:: or im me at vn de carpa diem... i just want to thank you guys ahead.. thanks

where did you enter all that information before?

• your gateway address should go in the /etc/defaultrouter file
  • your hostname should go in the /etc/hostname.xxx file where xxx is le0, hme0, etc depending on what NIC is in the machine.
  • your IP address needs to be in the /etc/hosts file along with the hostname.

That should be all there is to getting it going. If you can't resolve names, check the /etc/nsswitch.conf file for the keyword "dns" in the line that begins with "hosts"

Also, you'll need an /etc/resolv.conf file containing your search domain, and the ip addresses of your DNS servers.