Set timeout value for ssh session to HMC?

Friends,

Could anyone let me know - how to set the timeout value for ssh session to HMC? My HMC version is -- V7R7.4.0. I'm sure the version doesn't have anything to do with it.

Thanks,
-- Souvik

As much as i like to see movement in this board:

Please, before opening a thread here, make an honest attempt to look at the documentation and/or search the web. Being at home i had no documentation at hand so i put "session timeout hmc" into google and the first hit i landed was this: Remote Access Control for New Users on HMC 7.3.3.0.1. The whole procedure took less time than to write the answer here.

Just as an aside: you should update your HMC asap! We are currently at 7.7.8 and the only reason we postponed the update was because we are installing new hardware already and the new HMCs will be at 8.2 anyway. There is no gain at all in lagging behind in the administration software and you are putting at risk your whole environment.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Hello Bakunin,

I did an "honest" search on google to find out what I wanted but probably my query string was not precise to fetch me the right link for answer :frowning:

The link which you have shared - I did go through to understand - however it too didn't solve my purpose, I tried using various combinations(0, -1 etc) to get the result I wanted but failed!! Screenshot attached to confirm if I was in the right screen.

Could you help pls?

Thanks,
-- Souvik