Server load (Unix/Linux, Redhat, CPanel)

Hello,

I'm facing a big problem with my hosting server (Dual Xeon 2.4GHz), I'm having a load in the CPU usage and the memory (maybe it's related) ALSO mySQL:

Server Load 5.34 (2 cpus) (to 22 sometime)
Memory Used 68.4 % (to 70% sometime)

When I go to 'CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage' I found:

User Domain %CPU %MEM Mysql Processes

mysql 31.36 125.79 0.0

NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE :frowning:

Khalid

Hi,

Sorry to say, but this might be a good example of a bad structured MYSQL statement.
Please see your Admin for this.

Regs David

I don't have admin for the server!
Could you please let me know what cause this issue?

Will it be solved if I upgade the RAM?

Hi Khalid,

Nope. I think (from what I have seen), that there is an SQL-statement runing on a table which has not been indexed and might therefor be eating more cpu-time. Looking at some scripts that just perform the same action over a thousand times in a script might be the cause of your problem now.

Our DBA and I have often seen users run awfull SQL statements which cause this problem.
It might be nice for you to find out the real bottleneck in her performing : sar 2 20 . You can now see if it's WIO/ USR or SYS. Most off all it will also be WIO. Still upgrading memory should not matter.

Aargh, will deep into it a bit more. Please perform a
"swapinfo -at"

and paste the output here. Also the output of "sar 5 20" would be nice. Please let me know the total amount of physical memory and created swap. Also let me know on what disk you configured swap. please give me a "sar -d 5 20" output of this disk.

Will continue tomorow.

Regs David