Sendmail+MySQL

First off, the new site looks damn good..I use to post and it's changed for the better... On to my question... I've already searched these forums and MySQL + Sendmail's site for my answer, and came up with nothing..

My task at hand is I need to be able to STORE messages in a MySQL Database with use with Sendmail.. When a message comes in, I want sendmail to do a few checks before it saves the message..
1) Check the "userlist" table to determine whether the user is a local account, or a virtual account...
2) If so, proceed and parse the message like normal but store it in a "messages" type of table.. where it will store everything...
That's all I want to be able to do... and I know this is probably a major task.. I've found a few sites that have "patches", but have come up with nothing.. I'm NO EXPERT AT ALL, i'm just seeing if I can get some minor direction as to how to handle this.. there's no rush, so if it's advisable to read like a "sendmail" or "how-to" on how to hack the sendmail source, I will definitely do so..

I'm using Sendmail 8.9.3 with nothing special .. no procmail scripts or any qpopper...

Thanks in advance,

You could replace sendmail with qmail, and there is a patch which allows you to store the messages in a mysql database. Just go to http://iain.cx/unix/qmail/mysql.php and see what's the story about :slight_smile: If you're using FreeBSD just go to /usr/ports/mail/qmail-mysql and do a make install