Secure method - get files - no ssh/scp

I have two servers.
server 1 - secure server running ssh only on solaris 9. I can installed whatever I need here as long as its reasonably secure

server 2 - running telnet (no ssh/scp installed) - I cannot change much on this server and cannot install much..

I need to pull some files from server 2 to server 1.
What is the best / resonably secure method of getting these files given the situation above?
ftp is not very secure.. is it... I could share a directory on the filesystem but not so sure how secure this is either..

any thoughts?

The only real solution with all the parameters you put in (can't load anything, can't scp, want it to be secure) is backup the files to floppy (or if there is already a tape drive use that), walk the floppy/tape to other server and load files.

Suggest you remove telnet, add ssh, and use scp to send your files. Ftp is not secure and NFS ("share a directory on the filesystem") is not secure.

Thanks, thats what I thought..

I am using FTP for now - they are upgrading the servers in the next few months and ssh/scp will be available after this then so I will make do until that time..

How about rlogin and rcopy ?