Secure Laptop composition with UNIX/Linux and Windows 7

Hello

I have a problem: want to build secure laptop for simple user ( that's me :smiley: ) with the VPN and virtualization.
Laptop would be for work at home and travel , so security for wirelles networks and comfort using Mobile 3G internet with dongle (not to have problem with drivers) is also important.

I have always worked on MS Windows environment and the main programs which is used :
MS Office
Adobe acrobat and other programs to work with PDF
Simple programs to work with pictures ( such as MS Paint )

Skype and Email
Browser ( Chrome or Commodo Dragon)

UTorrent and Strong DC ( for soft , movies and etc. - basically entertainment porpoises)

What should be the best composition of the OS systems ? Wich Linux/Unix distribution ? (I think it is safer to use it as base and windows as virtual)

Which VPN provider would you recommend?

Is there any other software or hardware , such as external box ( VPN/Firewall + ? ) that could you recommend ?

Or just describe your composition for a safe laptop designed for simple user (not programmer)

Thank you for you time and answers

edgkkk ,

If you want to see the linux for laptop that will support your need you can go on the link

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Basically all you've mentioned software does have equivalent software. You dont need to worry about security if your always using non administrative account plus you always do updates of your system.