Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All,
I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

What have you done so far?

#!/bin/ksh
file="/tmp/filename"
MAILCMD="mail -s"
EMAILGR="emailaddress"
echo "The total count for the month of Aug 2011 is  --->"
cut -d' ' -f1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 $file | grep -i "Aug" | grep -i "search keyword" | wc -l

I was able to output the keyword for the whole month using the above command. My approach was:
a. I split the log file to view only certain columns using cut command
b. I did a grep for the month and also a grep for the keyword for the count and finally wc -l to count the number of occurence!

Now, I am planning to use this same command for all the months!

I think we can make use of some kind of loop or whatever to make this more simpler and easier but unfortunately I do not have that kind of programming skill to come up with this kind of script in a short time!

At this point this script satisfies my current requirement. Any additional suggestions will be helpful to refine this script further!

What is the name format of your files?

The file is applogfile.txt
Here is the format inside this file:
Mon Aug 15 17:00:11 EDT 2011 FTPChild ADD acctname acctsite test@test.com /nasftp05/testacct/TESTFTP/testsite.add=testftpsite|testmasteracct|testftpsite|wyh0104|test user

if all you need IS a for loop for other months and your Aug logic works then:

for month in Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
  do
echo "The total count for the month of $month 2011 is  --->"
cut -d' ' -f1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 $file | grep -i "$month" | grep -i "search keyword" | wc -l
done