Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus,

I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same.

# Perform FTP

echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile

ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile
    open $FTP_HOST
    user $FTP_LOGIN $FTP_PASSWORD
    cd $K
    cd $F
    cd $I
    cd $K1
    cd $RUN_TYPE

ebcdic

put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'

close

bye

EOF
       RC=$?

if [ $RC -eq 0 ] ; then
               echo "Successfully FTP'd $K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE to ${FTP_HOST}" >> $LogFile
            else
               echo "Error! while trying to FTP." >> $LogFile
               exit 1
            fi

Script works fine and is able to FTP the file. However the execution stops after that even though there is some processing needs to be done after the file transfer. For example, below code needs to be after executed after the FTP. But for some reason, script exits from the operation and log file shows the entries only till FTP initiation.

printf "FTP'd $K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE to Host:$FTP_HOST" | mailx -send -s "Process has completed on $DOMAIN and the output file has been FTP'd" `echo ${Alertlist_All}`

rm $SRC_DR/sample.txt $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE

echo "`date` : End of xxx.ksh script execution" >> $LogFile
echo "=============================================================================================================================" >> $LogFile

Thanks,

This is wrong:

EOF

It needs to be:

EOF

You cannot indent the ending-tag of a here-document. (The special kind which can needs to be indented with tabs, and is confusing to use, so I don't recommend it.)

1 Like

It works!

Thanks,