Script help on sudo access validation

hello

I need help on this.

The input is this.

server   system account name   DBA account name       x   a   p       y   b   q       z   c   r   

so i would like to check the sudo of the user is done or not.

this is what i do to check it

1. login as root on server x
2. su - p (ie su - dba uid)
3. run sudo -u a -i ( ie to validte the sudo works on not) 

How can i do this all all those rows from a admin-server where ssh keys for root are copied for server x,y & z

First off - unless the nopassword value is set in the entry in /etc/sudoers (or whatever file) you will have to enter the actual user's password - whatever that is - in order to test the sudo setup for an account. To determine if the sudo permissions are correct is a completely separate step.

Secondly - does the DBA username have those spaces in it? That looks like a horrible idea to me. It has the potential to mess up some scripts and applications that do not expect it.

Finally - I assume your test script does what you need. It is not testing any permissions that I can see. The assumption of that test is the nopassword flag is set for each DBA account.

FWIW this is a security hole. root should not be allowed to ssh to another box as root.

ssh keys for root are copied for server x,y & z 

Let us know more and we can help you.

Here is the tables

server   system account name   DBA account name       x   a   p       y   b   q       z   c   r   

i can ssh the servers remotely & passwd is not asked.

dba will not get the root but only sudo to "system account" , say oracle account.

---------- Post updated at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 PM ----------

table