SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL,
I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance.

I assume what you are asking for is this... You want to backup a SCO Unix server and possibly Install it on a different machine? Or Do you just want data backup?

If you want data backup, then there are built in utilities for backing up your SCO Unix server. 'tar' and 'cpio' as well as 'dump'. I favor the 'tar' and the 'cpio' utilities over 'dump'.
Another solution is to purchase a 3rd party software application such as Microlite Corporations - BackupEdge

If you are wanting to backup your SCO Unix server and move to a different box it's best to install the O/S on the new server and then restore your user filesystems. Unless your hardware is identical on both machines, you are asking for a bigger headache than it's worth. There is a 3rd party software application from Microlite Corporation - RecoverEdge - that will allow you to create a set of recover diskettes along with a master backup and aid you in installing on a new server.

There are certainly many other 3rd party products on the market for backup and recovery for SCO Unix and other Unix platforms. My intent was not promote a product, but simply make you aware.

Any additional help I can be, please provide more details of your project.