SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 disk B2 needed

Hi to all! I'm new here.

Recently I bought an Olivetti M400/10 with SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 installed, complete with all disks and manuals.

Checking the distribution disks however I found that disk labeled B2 was unreadable. Does anyone have an image of this disk?

I wish to do a clean installation. Does anyone know where I can read the activation key from the actual installation (I found only the serial number)?

Thanks in advance

There should be a 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 pink or goldenrod card with the media. I may be able to dig out a valid serial number and activation key. I suppose it would be for historical purposes only.
Do you need 3-1/2 or 5-1/4 media?
If it is 5-1/4 do you have a diskette drive?
To the best of my knowledge, the activation key is not saved anywhere on the disk by the installation procedure.

See a private message.

1 Like

Hi jgt. :slight_smile:

I checked all books and disk sleeves but I didn't find any card with the serial number or the activation key. The strange thing is that serial number begin with "oli", I think of a branded version for Olivetti.
I read that R3.2 V4.2 saves the activation key in a file but in my installed R3.2 V4.0 that file is missing. Perhaps V4.0 saves the key elsewhere.

My purpose is only educational. I'm a sysadmin and a collector of vintage systems, I like to study how computers and O.S. evolved.

My media is 3-1/2.

Another question if you know: was SCO System V/386 able to use TCP/IP ?
I found in the machine a strange card that I didn't recognize, with a connector like AUI but different...

---------- Post updated at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:59 PM ----------

Many thanks, edfair, for your info. :b:

What about the B2 image disk? :slight_smile:

They threw out versions with serial numbers that indicated where they were intended for, hardware manufacturers for some and distributors for some.

I remember that there was a program to rebrand a system with the proper s/n and a/c but didn't have any need to use it. That would probably lead to the file you are thinking of.

There was a TCPIP add on for at least 4.2 but I never had need to try it.

---------- Post updated 11-09-11 at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-08-11 at 05:26 PM ----------

How about email info via PM? I have a DD created image available.

Hi edfar.

The forum doesn't allow to send PM from account with less than 10 posts. So I can't now.
Please send me a PM for a direct external contact.

You've got contact info via PM

And you received my contact info...