SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem on HP ML310 G4

can not for the life of me workout which BTLD to load allways shows no HDD available can any one give me a clue

tried

hpsas
aacraid
lsil
a160
a320

server is a ML310 G4 ?????:confused::confused:

Have you configured the RAID Logical Drives?

Raid 1 configured one logical drive showing:confused:

just found the answer

The ML310 Embedded SATA RAID feature is not available for use with Netware or SCO

arrgh guess check quick specs first next time :frowning:

Just in case anyone wanted to know it is possable to install SCO 5.0.7 on an ML310 G4
I just did it. :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to grab the wd V2.0 driver from sco's website
The SCO Group, Inc. | Support | Update | Download | Release
copy the image to a floppy using rawrite2.exe (windows required) or use dd (unix / linux)

You'll need to connect a floppy drive to your server and you'll also need a floppy drive cable. There is a floppy power connector on the power unit loom.

Next you need to make sure that sata raid is turned off in the bios
(sorry folks raid is not supported using the internal controller I already tried using the iir driver).

Pop your newly created floppy into the floppy drive and bung the sco 5.0.7 boot cd into the cd drive
at the boot prompt type "link" without quotes and hit enter.
When prompted enter "wd" again without quotes.
The sco installer should load up and prompt you for the disk, as you already have it in the drive, just hit enter.

Now continue to install sco as normal. :smiley:

Note the internal NIC is not supported at installation - set it to defered.
The driver for this can be installed later.
The SP4 cd contains the broadcom driver that seems to work for most compaq / HP servers (My install has not got that far yet so I'll post later which source I used for the NIC driver)

If you need raid then the E200 raid controler claims to be supported by the hpsas driver.

Thanks for help customer ordered same blinking machine and no additional controller required this time lol

:):b:

Which was the solution?

I have a similar problem with ML150 G3 with HP embedded SATA RAID

I just had some similar problem with this kind of servers, just bought a ML 330 G3 server but didn't realized it has an ide array, and unix doesn't support for this kind, how to install it?? will try the solution on sata posted above, thx