SCO 6.0.0 hangsat install cdrom verify

Installing SCO 6.0.0 on a Supermico server. Has an LSI 9240-8i MegaRaid SAS controller using the megasas drivers. Created a driver diskette and it loads the drivers in first part of install OK. When all drivers are loaded it starts the installation process and it hangs with the "... verify (cdrom)" message. I'm stuck. I have used a SATA DVD drive and I'm now using a USB DVD drive. Both stop at same point. Anyone have an idea?

You will probably have better luck with the SATA cd-rom. There is an issue with USB devices if there is more than 4gb of memory in the system
Have you set the SATA ports as IDE, or AHCI.
Is the cdrom attached to the RAID controller, or the typical ide sata port?

Took the memory down to 1GB. Tried both IDE and AHCI on the SATA drive, same outcome. Ports are SATA on the motherboard. Understand the problem with USB drives without oss714b. I have downloaded the iso from SCO that is supposed to have USB fixes installed. Will attempt to load in about an hour. I will report the outcome. I'm stumped at this point. Built the very same computer for a customer back in March and didn't have much of a problem. I have to install this server next week so I'm in a time crunch.

Is the BIOS the same version as the machine you built in March?
Is the cdrom connected to the first sata port?

Flashed MB bios with latest version. Confirmed DVD was on first SATA port. Still stops when it tries to verify installation media. Have another computer with IDE subsytem and slot for LSI controller. Will move controller and drives to that machine tomorrow and load OS on it then transfer back to new server. Really a pain.