SCO 6.0 new install checksum errors

Updating from an old server with 5.01 to a new server with Openserver 6.0
After getting the hardware sorted out ( raid - too bad its not a bug killer ) I installed OS 6.0 from the distribution cd . All went well . Before loading MP4 I ran the software manager to verify the software and verify the system. Under strict database compliance and modified configuration files i receiver 107 files with discrepancies and 197 total discrepancies , all modified size and check sum errors ( not fixable by the software manager) .
I reinstalled several times with the same result . :mad: ( 6 times - i am stubborn )
I then went ahead and installed MP4 ( distribution cd ) which seems to work .
I have not loaded any further patches to this point ( there are some ) ,
Again ran the software manager with an approximate doubling of the file size and checksum errors .
I would think that this should not be happening , especially before putting the system into use. I am not a computer tech but my searching has been fruitless ( aplawrence and many other sites including SCO ) .
There is probably a simple answer . Enlightenment would be appreciated !

did you test Openserver 6.0 image checksum ? ( maybe failed that occured while downloading or media failure. )
maybe you can check on the command prompt ( /etc/custom -v config ....)
have you any backup for the restore system ?

What hardware are you installing this on?

HP ML310 G2 Pent - 4 3.2 gGHz 800 Mhz 1 MB L2 2 gigs ram
HP Smart Array 6400 with two 73 GB SCSI set as raid 1+0 ( mirrored )
This is all supported hardware according to SCO.
The install went well and system is functioning .
Just the file size and checksum errors .
I am using x windows on Alt / F2 . and all seems to work .
No errors during boot other than registration . It is a licensed system.
I should point out that the Openserver 6.0 license is an upgrade from 5.0.5 or earlier that is on the old server and that i did a new install. This Ml310 did have a Windows 2003 Server operating system on it before i did the SCO install.
Could some kind of remnants be causing this ?
The install CD 's used are original SCO disks..
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you JGT

I checked several systems, and under strict compliance all had 100-300 errors.
When I looked at the details, most of the files were system configuration files that would normally change from the defaults on the install media to the actual required depending on the specific hardware.
In addition to installing MP4, you should also install OSS711E and OSS714A, P535239A and P535243B

1 Like

Solved - sort of - Thats the way SCO is.. A lot of frustration for nothing.