SCO 5.0.7 server - Message - Root Account is disabled - but allowing entry via daemon.

SCO 5.0.7 server on an HP Proliant ML350G5 with E200 raid controller.

The message on the server during boot says this message in several places. "Root Account Disabled, but allowing entry via deamon"

At this point, there are some hardware issues to work through first. One is that we don't have a working floppy to boot that includes the Raid controller driver, but we also suspect the floppy drive itself is also failed. (Along with other critical systems) Dat Drive, 1 raid drive, Raid Controller battery.

This company that is begging for help now basically left it in the closet and never did any maintenance or ever even changed the tape.

So my question is really 2 fold.

1. Is there anyone out there that has one of these systems that could provide disk images that are preloaded to work with the HP E200 SAS controller for SCO so we can reset the root login?

2. What steps would be needed to reset the root login and correct the Daemon only issue? Any advice would be helpful.

Call me or send an email. Click on my user in this post and then click "about"; go to my home page for contact info.

Hi JGT,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I think I managed to figure this out. I may give you a call if I get stuck on anything else.

For what I have been able to complete, I will post the steps here that I used once I get them written out. Maybe it will help someone else.