SCO 5.0.7 Configuration

Hi,
I am really new to the forum and for SCO as well. I have a burning situation here to know how to configure below list of hardware into SCO 5.0.7!!

• EQUINOX 990209-1 ELS 16 PORT TERMINAL SERVER and
  • Seagate DAT Scorpion 24 - Tape drive ( 12 GB / ) DDS-3 SCSI

Can Any One Please Help Me in Detailed !!

---------- Post updated at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:52 AM ----------

We Have installed SCO 5.0.7 on ESXi 6.0 and we need to configured above hardware !! Can any one help me please ???

I haven't used SCO for a few years now but I remember that a SCSI tape drive would be configured using:

# mkdev tape

You'll need to know which scsi id the tape is set to (jumper wise)

This will present a menu driven config routine at the end of which you should select relink kernel=yes, and rebuild environment=yes

How is the Equinox connected to the system? Add-in card, USB, or what? It's not a product that I'm familiar with.

---------- Post updated at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:42 PM ----------

The main configuration tool built into SCO OS is:

# scoadmin

Search the web for that

1 Like

Actually we are using Equinox Terminal Server as an network adapter which is an external device !! you can see the item by just googling it !!
Thanks you for showing interest in helping me !!
Kanthi Kiran !!

This pdf mentions SCO Unix and gives instructions on configuring the tftp. Looks like this device loads its firmware from a host using tftp.

https://www.nikhef.nl/grid/ndpf/files/Equinox\_ELS16\_Docs/ELS-TS-Manual-addendum-302061_f.pdf

---------- Post updated at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:58 PM ----------

And this one looks even better

http://www.mavin.com/pdf/Equinox%20690228.pdf

1 Like

Thanks you very much @hicksd8 you really helped me a lot !! if i face any errors i will be back please take some time in answering me !! and also if you can help me with an even more better consolidated way i appreciate it !!

Thanks a lot !!
Kanthi Kiran K

Mr Hicks. Don't you have a better way to spend Saturday night.
Kanthi, the pdf that hicksd8 refers to does not mention SCO at all. If you examine the software media, and the file name(s) are VOL.000.000 then the software installs by starting scoadmin and selecting software; if the media contains a tar file, or a list of files then it has its own install script on the media.
I read the install instructions in the above pdf, and the software does install through custom, although it should not be necessary to mount the cd first, just start custom through scoadmin, either using the command line or gui, and select cdrom as the media. Custom will open the cdrom and list all the packages that are on it.

1 Like

Can any one guid me step by step procedure because i am new to SCO i am dam beginner !! if you can help me in explain in detail how to follow the installation of above mentioned items that would really help me tomorrow !!

Please take some time to guid me !!
Thanks,
Kanthi Kiran !!

For the tape drive:
Login as root, and at the #sign, type 'mkdev tape'
This will start a menu driven program that will ask you for the host adapter you are attaching the device to, and its scsi id.
At the end, it will re-link the kernel to include the new device.
You will need to re-boot the system to start the new kernel.
Do not re-link the kernel twice in a row without testing that the new kernel actually works as only two versions are kept.
For the terminal server:
If you have the gui configured, start scoadmin, and select the software manager.
If you use the command line version, type scoadmin at the prompt.
Both versions are use the same tcl code.
In the character version, you will see that there are 3 rectangles on the screen, a 1 line rectangle at the top, a 15 line rectangle in the middle and another 1 line rectangle at the bottom of the screen.
Use the <tab> key to move from one rectangle to another. Use the <arrow> keys to move within each rectangle. Use the <spacebar> to mark a checkbox, and <enter> to select an item.

1 Like

Thanks JGT you are really awesome in helping me !! i will get back to you once i do configure successfully...Let me know if anything i need to know in addition to this .. Thanks a lot again !!

Hi All,
Can any one help in create SCO 5.0.7 VM using ESXi 6.0. When i was creating VM its not booting into OS? Can any one help me by telling how to boot SCO 5.0.7 ISO using Datastore?
Thanks,
Kanthi Kiran K

You should start a new thread for this new question.

@JGT can you please help me i have started a new thread !!

Thanks
Kanthi Kiran K